Aerosail primarily use grade 350 mPa yield structural steel for square, rectangular or circular hollow sections. All steel complies with Australian Standard ______. A comparison table for other standards is attached to the following link for other international standards. Comparison Table
Fasteners are typically zinc coated steel. Grade 304 fasteners are available as an extra cost option.
Wire ropes are typically grade 316 (marine grade) stainless steel, however in some instance they may be zinc coated steel wire. If zinc coated wire is to be used it will be clearly stated.
Tensioning hardware is typically grade 316 (marine grade) stainless steel, on occasion we may need to use zinc coated tensioners. If zinc coated tensioners are to be used it will be clearly stated.
The colours on the following swatches are to be used as a guide only. They will vary widely from one computer to another depending on the monitor, the graphics card, the printer and the type of ink. If colour matching is very important to you, always refer to a hard copy of the colour swatch before ordering.
- Hot dip galvanising is a thick coat of zinc which minimises the risk of rusting. The finish is a rough pewter colour which can then be subsequently painted with any type of paint system. Because the underlying coating is rough the top coat has a rough finsish , often described as orange peel effect. Hot dip galvanising is particularly suited to harsh marine and industrial environments
- In-line zinc coating ( duragal, all gal) is a much thinner zinc coating, the surface is smooth and subsequent paint finishes can achieve an architectural grade finish. In-line zinc coated steel is usually only available in sizes less than 125mm. In line zinc coatings are not suitable for maritime type environment.
- Powdercoating is available in standard polyester for most indoor and outdoor applications. The Dulux link features the Dulux range of Powdercoat Colours. All steel is either galvanised or grit blasted and primed with zinc rich primer prior to the powder coat being applied.
Two Pack Paint Systems
- Polyurethane top coat with a two pack zinc rich primer provides a architectural finish with a medium tern economic life. All steel is grit blasted prior to painting.
- Polysiloxane top coat with a two pack zinc rich primer provides a architectural finish with extremely long economic life. All steel is grit blasted prior to painting.